This is the information page for Spatial Monsters in real life. For Spatial Monsters in YGOPRO, see the Category for Spatial Monsters.
Spatial (スペーシュル Supeeshuru; displayed as
The Spatials' indicator is called a Dimensional Number and it's different from other the indicators (Wavelength, Hierarchy, etc.) because it's formatted differently outside of the Japanese OCG: #th Dimension or 1st/2nd/3rd Dimension in the case of Dimensional Numbers 1-3 (次元第#). Dimensional Numbers are centered on the card in the form of pink spiral-like galaxies inside light blue orbs: . Dimensional Negative Numbers also exist, and they look like light blue spiral-like galaxies inside red orbs:, ,
While in the Monster Zone, all Spatial Monsters with effects are only able to activate them if they were Spatial Summoned, and only up to a number of times while face-up on the field equal to the number of Tributes that would normally be required to Tribute Summon a monster with the same Level as the Spatial Monster's original Dimensional Number.
Spatial Pendulum Monsters
Most Spatial Pendulum Monsters have this effect: If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as possible (min. 1), and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.
- Starry-Eyes Spatial Dragon: 7th Dimension
- Astral Dragon of Stellar Vine : 8th Dimension
- Osa, Princess of Stellar Vine: 4th Dimension
- If a Spatial Summon is negated, the Spatial Monster that was going to be Summoned is still banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard.
- If a Spatial Monster becomes an Xyz Material and it is detached, it is banished instead of going to the Graveyard.
- If banishing becomes impossible by a means such as Imperial Iron Wall, then the Spatial Summon also becomes impossible.
- The pink color of the Spatial monsters is brighter than the pink on a Trap Card.
- Spatial sounds similar to Special, and was therefore chosen for the new card type name.