This is the information page for Spatial Monsters in real life. For Spatial Monsters in YGOPRO, see the Category for Spatial Monsters.
Spatial (スペーシュル Supeeshuru; displayed as
The Spatials' indicator is called a Dimensional Number and it's different from other the indicators (Wavelength, Hierarchy, etc.) because it's formatted differently outside of the Japanese OCG: #-Dimensional (#次元) to refer to specific Dimensional Number. The Dimensional Number is centered on the card, and they look like pink spiral-like galaxies inside light blue orbs on Origin Spatial Monsters: . The Dimensional Number on Altered Spatial Monsters look like light blue spiral-like galaxies inside red orbs:, ,
Spatial Monsters on the field that were Spatial Summoned change between Origin and Altered states instead of becoming face-down outside of the Extra Deck, of which changes at least 1 of their properties-- between Attribute, Type, ATK, DEF, and effects. Players can start the duel with either of a Spatial Monster's 2 Spaces in the Extra Deck, but it is still limited to 3 copies between the Extra and Side Decks, regardless of which Space is used.
Spatial Pendulum MonstersEdit
Most Spatial Pendulum Monsters have this effect: If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as possible (min. 1), and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.
- Starry-Eyes Spatial Dragon: 1 monster + 1 monster with lower ATK (max. 500)
- Astral Dragon of Stellar VINE: 1 monster + 1 monster with lower ATK (max. 600)
- Osa, Princess of Stellar VINE: 1 WATER monster + 1 WATER monster with lower DEF (max. 400)
- If a Spatial Summon is negated, the Spatial Monster that was going to be Summoned is still banished instead of being sent to the GY.
- If a Spatial Monster becomes an Xyz Material and it is detached, it is banished instead of going to the GY.
- Even if banishing becomes impossible by a means such as Imperial Iron Wall, the Spatial Summon is still possible. The Space Materials are usually sent to the GY instead of being banished.
- If a Spatial Monster would be banished face-down from the Extra Deck, e.g. to activate Pot of Extravagance, then it does not change Space.
- The pink color of the Spatial monsters is brighter than the pink color on a Trap Card.
- Spatial sounds similar to Special, and was therefore chosen for the new card type name.