Master Rule ROYAL (Japanese: マスタールールロイヤル Masutā Rūru Roiyaru) are card game rules created by KuugaUltimate200 as one of the many "Custom Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings" created by Custom Card Makers. These rulings will be introduced at "Kingship of the Duelist", and used for "Yu-Gi-Oh! KINGS.
Essential Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Introduced King Cards, King Summoning, King Monster Zones, Reincarnation Zone, and Pendulum Limit rulings.
- The Special Summoning from the Extra Deck Limit introduced at the "New Master Rules" (or Master Rule 4) remains.
- Trap Monsters that are still treated as Trap Cards no longer occupy a Spell & Trap Zone.
- Monster effects that activate when the monster leaves the field no longer activate if the monster is returned to the Extra Deck face-down, unless specified (such as "Elemental HERO Magma Neos").
- Cards can no longer activate their Trigger Effects if they were sent to different locations, or to a location that is not public knowledge. If the location of a card was moved from where it fulfilled its activation requirement before its effect activates, that effect will/can no longer activate.
- If a Summon was negated, it is not counted towards card effects that would otherwise count it as if it were successful. For example, if the Normal Summon of a player's monster was negated, the player would be able to activate "Rage with Eyes of Blue", which cannot otherwise be activated if the player had Normal or Special Summoned a monster that turn.
- The player can activate/set/place cards on top of Pendulum Monsters in his/her Pendulum Zones (except other Pendulum Monsters), however he/she cannot activate/place Pendulum Monsters on top of cards already in your Leftmost and Rightmost Spell & Trap Zones. (They must be placed horizontal-wise in order to able to read the Pendulum Effects of cards in your Pendulum Zones)
- Extended limitations on the number of cards allowed in the Extra Deck.
- Extra Deck: 0-20 cards
Reincarnation Zone[edit | edit source]
- Once per turn: You can manually send 1 Ritual Monster card from your hand to the Reincarnation Zone.
- You can also send Ritual Monsters to the Reincarnation Zone an unlimited number of times by card effects.
- You can Ritual Summon monsters from the Hand or/and the Reincarnation Zone.
- This zone can store up to 5 Ritual monsters.
Extra Monster Zone Rulings[edit | edit source]
- If a monster from the Extra Deck (whether Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, Link, etc.) is Special Summoned to an , the player can only Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck with it's same card type. Ex.: If Starving Venom Fusion Dragon is Special Summoned to an Extra Monster Zone, the player can only Special Summon Fusion Monsters from the Extra Deck, while it remains there.
- If the player has a Pendulum Monster in the Extra Monster Zone, he/she can Special Summon as many face-up Pendulum Monsters from the Extra Deck to his/her Main Monster Zones, as long they're within the Pendulum Limit. (A Pendulum Monster must already be in a Extra Monster Zone, before the player can Pendulum Summoned multiple face-up Pendulum Monsters from the Extra Deck.)
- If a Pendulum-hybrid monster in an Extra Monster Zone, the player can Special Summon face-up Pendulum Monsters as well as monsters with the same card type the Pendulum Monster in the Extra Monster Zone is hybrid with to his/her Main Monster Zones. Ex.: If Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon is in a Extra Monster Zone, the player can Special Summon face-up Pendulum Monsters and Xyz Monsters from the Extra Deck to his/her Main Monster Zones.
- The player can still Special Summon monsters of card types (other than the monster in the Extra Monster Zone) from the Extra Deck to Monster Zones Link Monsters point to, and to King Monster Zones unlocked by King Cards.
Pendulum Limit[edit | edit source]
These rules apply to face-up Pendulum Monsters that can be Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck, while a Pendulum Monster is already in the Extra Monster Zone, without the need of Link Arrows and King Monster Zones.
- The player's initial Pendulum Limit depends of the number of face-down cards in your Extra Deck.
- 1-10: 5 Pendulum Monsters
- 11-14: 4 Pendulum Monsters
- 13-17: 3 Pendulum Monsters
- 18-20: 2 Pendulum Monsters
- At case a player starts the Duel with 0 face-down cards at the Extra Deck, he/she can only Pendulum Summon up to 2 face-up Pendulum Monsters from the Extra Deck, and their Pendulum Limit can only be increased through card effects. But if the player starts the Duel with a number of cards, and then depletes his/her Extra Deck, he/she can still can Pendulum Summon up to 5 face-up Pendulum Monsters from the Extra Deck.
- The player can increase the Pendulum Limit by the following methods:
- Your Pendulum Limit increases by each face-down card less in your Extra Deck (Ex; If you have 20 face-down cards in your Extra Deck, and then you Special Summon "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon", your Pendulum Limit increases to 3).
- Your Pendulum Limit also can be increased (or decreased) by card effects.